Call For Papers
Due to concerns regarding the ongoing COVID-19 situation, the Thirty-Second Annual UCLA Indo-European Conference, originally scheduled for November 2020, has been cancelled and will not take place.
The conference is free and open to the public — there is no registration fee, and all attendees are cordially invited to attend the post-conference party on Saturday evening. We regret that we cannot provide financial support for airfare or lodging.
We invite papers on any aspect of Indo-European studies: linguistics, archaeology, comparative mythology/poetics, culture. Papers on both interdisciplinary and specific topics (e.g., typology, methodology, reconstruction, the interpretation of material culture, etc.) are welcome. A period of twenty minutes will be allotted for each paper, followed by a ten-minute discussion period.
Abstracts must be received by June 1, 2020.
We ask that those contemplating submission of an abstract please pay careful attention to the following guidelines:
- Abstracts should be no more than 1-2 pages typewritten (about 700 words maximum) and should be anonymous.
- Please attach a separate cover sheet, with your name, institutional affiliation, and accurate contact information (mailing address and email address) for the summer and fall of 2020.
- Abstracts should indicate the precise topic to be treated, the author’s contribution to the problem, the relationship of the work to previous scholarship on the topic, and the author’s specific conclusions and their relevance for the field of Indo-European Studies.
- Only one abstract may be submitted per person.
If an abstract is accepted:
- the author is invited to submit a revised abstract by October 1, 2020 for publication online (see instructions on submitting revised electronic abstracts here);
- the final version of the paper must be read at the conference by the author of the abstract. (In the case of a co-authored abstract, the final version must be presented by one or more of the co-authors.)
Submission of Abstracts and Inquiries to:
Preliminary abstracts may be submitted using the form below, or alternatively emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If electronic submission is for some reason not possible, the mailing address is:
Indo-European Conference Committee
UCLA Program in Indo-European Studies
100 Dodd Hall
405 Hilgard Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1417